Wednesday 28 October 2015

100 Top AntiBiotics Objective Type Questions And Answers

1. Isoniazid is a primary antitubercular agent that
(a) Requires pyridoxine supplementation
(b) May discolor the tears, saliva, urine or feces orange-red
(c) Causes ocular complications that are reversible if the drug is discontinued
(d) May be ototoxic and nephrotoxic
(e) Should never be used due to hepatotoxic potential
Ans: A

2. A 36-year-old woman recently treated for leukemia is admitted to hospital with malaise, chills and high fever. Gram stain of blood reveals the presence of gramnegative bacilli. The initial diagnosis is bacteremia and parenteral antibiotics are indicated. The records of the patient reveal that she had a severe uriticarial
risk, hypotension, and respiratory difficulty following oral penicillin V about 6 months ago. The most appropriate drug regimen for empiric treatment is
(a) Ampicillin plus sulbactam
(b) Aztreonam
(c) Cefazolin
(d) Imipenem plus cilastatin
(e) Ticarcillin plus clavulanic acid
Ans: B

3. Which one of the following statements about cefotetan is accurate?
(a) It is active against MRSA strains
(b) It is the drug of choice in community-acquired pneumonia
(c) It is a fourth-generation cephalosporin
(d) It decreases prothrombin time
(e) Its antibacterial spectrum include Bacteroides fragilis
Ans: E

4. A patient needs antibiotic treatment for native valve, culture-positive infective enterococcal endocarditis. His medical history includes a severe anaphylactic
reaction to penicillin G during the past year.
The best approach would be treatment with
(a) Amoxicillin/clavulanate
(b) Aztreonam
(c) Cefazolin plus genatamicin
(d) Meropenem
(e) Vancomycin
Ans: E

5. This drug has activity against many strains of Pseudomomas aeruginosa. However, when it is used alone, resistance has emerged during the course of treatment.
The drug should not be used in penicillinallergic patients. Its activity against gramnegative rods is enhanced if it is given in combination with tazobactam
(a) Amoxicillin
(b) Aztreonam
(c) Imipenem
(d) Piperacillin
(e) Vancomycin
Ans: D

6. Which of the following statements about vancomycin is accurate?
(a) It is bacteriostatic
(b) It binds to PBPs
(c) It is not susceptible to penicillinase
(d) It has the advantage of oral bioavailability
(e) Staphylococcal enterocolitis occurs commonly with its use
Ans: C

7. Which one of the following statements about ampicillin is false?
(a) Its activity is enhanced by sulbactam
(b) It causes maculopapular rashes
(c) It is the drug of choice for Listeria monocytogenes infection
(d) It eradicates most strains of MRSA
(e) Pseudomembranous colitis may occur with its use
Ans: D

8. The mechanism of antibacterial action of tetracycline involves
(a) Binding to a component of the 50S ribosomal subunit
(b) Inhibition of translocase activity
(c) Blockade of binding of aminoacyl – tRNA to bacterial ribosomes
(d) Selective inhibition of ribosomal peptidyl transferases
(e) Inhibition of DNA–dependent RNA polymerase
Ans: C

9. Clarithromycin and erythromycin have very similar spectrums of antimicrobial activity.
The major advantage of clarithromytcin is that it
(a) Eradicates mycoplasmal infections in a single dose
(b) Is active against strains of streptococci that are resistant to erythromycin
(c) Is more active against Mycobacterium avium complex
(d) Does not inhibit live drug-metabolizing enzymes
(e) Acts on methicillin-resistant strains of staphylococci
Ans: C

10. The primary mechanism underlying the resistance of gram-positive organisms to macrolide antibiotics is
(a) Methylation of binding sites on the 50S ribosomal subunit
(b) Formation of esterases that hydrolyze the lactone ring
(c) Increased activity of efflux mechanisms
(d) Formation of drug-inactivating acetyltranferases
(e) Decreased drug permeability of the cytoplasmic membrane
Ans: A


More Questions & Answers:-

3 comments:

  1. I was cured of HPV  with the use of pure natural roots and herbs from a herbal professional maker called dr Moses Buba, a man of trust and always reliable to his word. I actually thank you cause at first I doubt what others do, but you make me believe that good people still live . You can reach via email buba.herbalmiraclemedicine@gmail.com or WhatsApp him  +234906059305 for more information you can reach me also on my cell phone with text or WhatsApp and even drop a call on 0(501)9914802 . am grateful to share his work so I will share more about Dr Moses buba 











    I was cured of HPV  with the use of pure natural roots and herbs from a herbal professional maker called dr Moses Buba, a man of trust and always reliable to his word. I actually thank you cause at first I doubt what others do, but you make me believe that good people still live . You can reach via email buba.herbalmiraclemedicine@gmail.com or WhatsApp him  +234906059305 for more information you can reach me also on my cell phone with text or WhatsApp and even drop a call on 0(501)9914802 . am grateful to share his work so I will share more about Dr Moses buba 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was cured of HPV  with the use of pure natural roots and herbs from a herbal professional maker called dr Moses Buba, a man of trust and always reliable to his word. I actually thank you cause at first I doubt what others do, but you make me believe that good people still live . You can reach via email buba.herbalmiraclemedicine@gmail.com or WhatsApp him  +234906059305 for more information you can reach me also on my cell phone with text or WhatsApp and even drop a call on 0(501)9914802 . am grateful to share his work so I will share more about Dr Moses buba 
























    I was cured of HPV  with the use of pure natural roots and herbs from a herbal professional maker called dr Moses Buba, a man of trust and always reliable to his word. I actually thank you cause at first I doubt what others do, but you make me believe that good people still live . You can reach via email buba.herbalmiraclemedicine@gmail.com or WhatsApp him  +234906059305 for more information you can reach me also on my cell phone with text or WhatsApp and even drop a call on 0(501)9914802 . am grateful to share his work so I will share more about Dr Moses buba 




















    I was cured of HPV  with the use of pure natural roots and herbs from a herbal professional maker called dr Moses Buba, a man of trust and always reliable to his word. I actually thank you cause at first I doubt what others do, but you make me believe that good people still live . You can reach via email buba.herbalmiraclemedicine@gmail.com or WhatsApp him  +234906059305 for more information you can reach me also on my cell phone with text or WhatsApp and even drop a call on 0(501)9914802 . am grateful to share his work so I will share more about Dr Moses buba 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete