Thursday 7 January 2016

Most recent asked Neurology Interview Questions and Answers

21. What should I look for on my interview and tour day?
The most important thing to do on interview day is to talk to the residents to see if you get along with them well. After all, you will be working closely with these individuals. Next, the call schedule is important. These vary widely between institutions, especially in the PGY-3 & PGY-4 years. In neurology, it is especially important to find out how much time is spent in the inpatient and outpatient arenas. Unless you are have decided exactly what type of neurology you will practice, it is important to have training in both inpatient.

22. What questions should I ask of residents, faculty, and program directors?
I thought it was very important to find out how responsive the program director/ administration is to changes/ recommendations made by residents. There are some programs that are very responsive to the residents and others that treat the residents as low-level employees. Also, it thought it was very important that a program be flexible and have a lot of electives. I used the interview process as an opportunity to compare the requirements/electives at different programs and learn how to supplement the program into which I eventually matched. As I go along, I'm happy that I will have the opportunity to pick electives according to my interest, strengths, and weaknesses.

23. How did you form your rank list?
In the end, I based my rank list on geographical location, size of program, academic reputation, "friendliness" of the program/administration, and how well I got along with the residents. As I interviewed at programs, I had significant "pet peeves" about various programs-- some were too small, some were rigorous (in-house call all 3 years), some were too disorganized, some were in very undesirable locations. I eventually found two programs that I was extremely happy with and ranked them according to my geographical preference.

24. What other advice can you give seniors applying in your specialty?
The best advice is I could give to seniors interviewing in neurology programs is too appear enthusiastic and intellectual while also appearing "normal" and well-rounded. There are so many "nerds" (and I don't necessarily mean that in a negative way) that program directors get really excited when they meet someone who does more than just study!


More Questions & Answers:-
Page1 Page2 Page3 Page4 Page5

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete