Monday 2 November 2015

103 Top Infectious Diseases Objective Type Questions And Answers

1- A 26-year-old previously healthy woman has the sudden onset of mental confusion. She has a seizure and is brought to the hospital. Her vital signs show blood pressure 100/60 mm Hg, temperature 37 C., pulse 89, and respirations 22. A lumbar puncture reveals a normal opening pressure, and clear, colorless cerebrospinal fluid is obtained with 1 RBC and 20 WBC's (all lymphocytes), with normal glucose and protein. An MRI scan reveals swelling of the right temporal lobe with hemorrhagic areas. Which of the following infectious agents is the most likely cause for these findings?
1) Haemophilus influenzae
2) Herpes simplex virus
3) Influenza virus
4) Mycobacterium tuberculosis
5) Neisseria meningitidis
Answers-2

2- A 45-year-old woman was diagnosed with bacterial endocarditis. What is the characteristic fundoscopic feature of this disease?
1) Cherry red macula
2) Janeway lesions
3) Macular star
4) Retinal artery aneurysms
5) Roth's spots
Answers-5

3- A 40 year old single man returned from holiday in Europe with mild bloody diarrhoea which had lasted for two weeks. He had lost 2.5 kg in weight, had occasional lower abdominal cramping discomfort and a painful swelling of his left knee. What is the most likely diagnosis?
1) amoebiasis
2) campylobacter infection
3) Crohn's disease
4) gonococcal septicaemia
5) ulcerative colitis
Answers-2

4- The morphological appearance of Pneumocystis carinii infection in the lung is best characterised as which one of the following?
1) A bronchopneumonia with abscess formation
2) A haemorrhagic and necrotizing pneumonia
3) An acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) with widespread hyaline membrane formation
4) An interstitial pneumonitis with foamy intra-alveolar exudate
5) An organizing bronchopneumonia
Answers-4

5- A 70-year-old man presented to his GP with a two-day history of increasing confusion. He also complained of a headache. He was febrile on examination; nuchal rigidity was noted. A lumbar puncture was performed and CSF microscopy revealed:
WBC 800 cells/mL (<5) 90% neutrophils. A few Gram-positive diplococci were also noted.
What is the cause of his meningitis?
1) Cryptococcus neoformans
2) Haemophilus influenzae
3) Listeria monocytogenes
4) Neisseria meningitidis
5) Streptococcus pneumoniae
Answers-5

6- A 19-year-old man returned to the UK two weeks after working in a refugee camp in sub-Saharan Africa. On examination he was febrile, dyspnoeic and widespread inspiratory crackles were present. He had an extensive maculo-papular rash, conjunctivitis, generalized stomatitis and some bluish-grey spots on the buccal mucosa.
What is the most likely diagnosis?
1) Epidemic typhus
2) Epstein Barr virus infection
3) Leptospirosis
4) Measles
5) Parvovirus infection
Answers-4

7- Twenty of thirty patients in an adult ward develop colicky abdominal pain and diarrhoea without vomiting between 21:00 and 01:00 hrs. Meat stew was served for lunch at noon. Which of the following is the likely diagnosis?
1) Bacillus Cereus
2) Clostridium perfringens
3) Enterotoxigenic E.Coli
4) Enterovirus
5) Staphylococcus Aureus
Answers-2

8- Which of the following is true of tetanus?
1) failure to culture Clostridium tetani from the wound would make the diagnosis doubtful
2) infection confers lifelong immunity
3) there is a characteristic EEG
4) Clostridium-specific intravenous immunoglobulin is of no benefit once spasm has started
5) cephalic tetanus causes severe dysphagia
Answers-5

9- A 19-year-old male student attends casualty complaining of an urethral discharge. Gram stain shows numerous neutrophils, some of which contain gram-negative intracellular diplococci. The patient is treated with Ceftriaxone, 250 mg as an im injection. Five days later, the patient re-attends with persisting discharge.
Which of the following is the most likely cause of this discharge? 
1) Chlamydia trachomatis
2) Penicillin-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae
3) Re-infection with Neisseria gonorrhoeae
4) Ureaplasma urealyticum
5) Urethral stricture
Answers-1

10- A 20 year-old-woman presented with a solitary, crusted, thickened lesion on her face one month after returning from a holiday in Central America.
What is the most likely diagnosis?
1) Cutaneous anthrax
2) Cutaneous leishmaniasis
3) Impetigo
4) Leprosy
5) Onchocerciasis
Answers-2

More Questions & Answers:-

6 comments:

  1. I am here to give my testimony about Dr Ebhota who helped me.. i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by salami, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how Dr Ehbota cured them. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took for just 2 weeks and it seriously worked for me, my HERPES result came out negative. I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that there is no cure for herpes that is Not true just contact him and get cure from Dr Ebhota healing herbal cure of all kinds of sickness you may have like
    (1) CANCER,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV&AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) CANCER,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA
    (10)SIMPLEX HERPES AND GENITAL
    (11)COLD SORE
    HERPES. he also cure my friend from cervical cancer Email: drebhotasoultion@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2348089535482

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life has not been easy for me, I am here to share the good news of my life, how I was cure through HSV2 by doc zubby who help me within 2 weeks with the help of his herbal medicine I am from United states of America, so this Great doctor sent me a herbal which I took according to the way he instructed, just to find out I am cure after taking the cure for 2 week I found this man email from the internet, how he also help a lady from the same sickness. I am so happy to be writing this testimony to the world because this man really clean the tears in my heart and he is a man of his words I want to use this means to inform those of us who’s doctor had told there is no cure, well here is the chance to get yourself cured from this horrible sickness you can get Dr zubby email via dr.zubbysolutionhome@gmail.com or you can also whatapp him +2348070673249 and the doctor also told me he can fix this sickenss also: 1. HIV / AIDS 2. HPV 3. CANCER 4. ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) 5. Hepatitis B

    ReplyDelete
  3. For years, I have read and seen the advertisements in the mass media about all of the penis enhancement pills and thought that they were all scams or gimmicks. All of the medical sites that I have visited stated that none of the herbal supplements would ever help increase the size of a penis. I got very depressed when I read this, because unfortunately I was not naturally blessed with a penis that was big enough to arouse my sexual partner or past partners. I am a man that is past my sexual prime time and my sexual performance has a lot to be desired. I decided to try Doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine after all the reading and researching that I have done.I saw a testimony " Joe" about doctor Akhigbe Herbal Medicine Since there is a Money Back Guarantee, I give him a trial what did I have to lose? I couldn't believe the results I was seeing after drinking the Natural  Herbal Medicine  and Herbal Soap to be Rubin my penis! he sent to me through DHL courier delivery service . Within about 2 weeks I had a noticeable increase in the girth of my penis. Then after a couple of additional week it started to grow in length and I was amazed and very excited.before I finish the drink and the soap my penis had grown an additional two inches. I've had a considerable improvement with my sex life and these pills are certainly worth every penny I spent on them! I want to thank Dr Akhigbe for the time and effort they have spent on helping people in my situation.I know many are out there who are suffering this problem and they need help, email him.    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com.    He also cure other diseases like: Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Breast Enlargement. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. High Blood Pressure Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Lupus.  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count.  Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Corneal Ulcer, Gallstone, Terminal Illnesses, Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Weak Erection.  Erysipelas, Thyroid, Discharge from Penis. HPV.  Impotence Effection, Hepatitis A and B. STD. Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid.rheumatism, thyroid, Autism, Penis enlargement,  Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. For your cure email him now:   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    or Contact his number:  +2349010754824.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For years, I have read and seen the advertisements in the mass media about all of the penis enhancement pills and thought that they were all scams or gimmicks. All of the medical sites that I have visited stated that none of the herbal supplements would ever help increase the size of a penis. I got very depressed when I read this, because unfortunately I was not naturally blessed with a penis that was big enough to arouse my sexual partner or past partners. I am a man that is past my sexual prime time and my sexual performance has a lot to be desired. I decided to try Doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine after all the reading and researching that I have done.I saw a testimony " Joe" about doctor Akhigbe Herbal Medicine Since there is a Money Back Guarantee, I give him a trial what did I have to lose? I couldn't believe the results I was seeing after drinking the Natural  Herbal Medicine  and Herbal Soap to be Rubin my penis! he sent to me through DHL courier delivery service . Within about 2 weeks I had a noticeable increase in the girth of my penis. Then after a couple of additional week it started to grow in length and I was amazed and very excited.before I finish the drink and the soap my penis had grown an additional two inches. I've had a considerable improvement with my sex life and these pills are certainly worth every penny I spent on them! I want to thank Dr Akhigbe for the time and effort they have spent on helping people in my situation.I know many are out there who are suffering this problem and they need help, email him.    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com.    He also cure other diseases like: Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Breast Enlargement. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. High Blood Pressure Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Lupus.  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count.  Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Corneal Ulcer, Gallstone, Terminal Illnesses, Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Weak Erection.  Erysipelas, Thyroid, Discharge from Penis. HPV.  Impotence Effection, Hepatitis A and B. STD. Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid.rheumatism, thyroid, Autism, Penis enlargement,  Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. For your cure email him now:   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    or Contact his number:  +2349010754824.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name is hoover, my 18 year old daughter, Tricia was diagnosed with herpes 3 years ago. Since then, we have moved from one hospital to another. We tried all kinds of pills, but every effort to get rid of the virus was futile. The bubbles continued to reappear after a few months. My daughter was using 200mg acyclovir pills. 2 tablets every 6 hours and 15g of fusitin cream. and H5 POT. Permanganate with water to be applied twice a day, but all still do not show results. So, I was on the internet a few months ago, to look for other ways to save my only son. Only then did I come across a comment about the herbal treatment of Dr Imoloa and decided to give it a try. I contacted him and he prepared some herbs and sent them, along with guidance on how to use them via the DHL courier service. my daughter used it as directed by dr imoloa and in less than 14 days, my daughter recovered her health. You should contact dr imoloa today directly at his email address for any type of health problem; lupus disease, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis ABC, syphilis, diarrhea, HIV / AIDS, Huntington's disease, back acne, chronic kidney failure, addison's disease, chronic pain, Crohn's pain, cystic fibrosis, fibromyalgia, inflammatory Bowel disease, fungal nail disease, Lyme disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major depression, Malignant melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis, Multiple sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, Rheumatoid arthritis Alzheimer's disease, parkinson's disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease, Back Pain, Back Sprain, Bipolar Disorder, Brain Tumor, Malignant, Bruxism, Bulimia, Cervical Disc Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Neoplasms , chronic respiratory disease, mental and behavioral disorder, Cystic Fibrosis, Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, Autoimmune inflammatory media arthritis ed. chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, impotence, alcohol spectrum feta, dysthymic disorder, eczema, tuberculosis, chronic fatigue syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease. and many more; contact him at drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com./ also with whatssap- + 2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thankes to Dr osaze who cured me of low sperm count and help me enlarge the size of my pennis with his herbal medication, i was married for five years without a child and i was unable to satisfy my wife in bed due to the small size of my pennis, my wife was now already comteplating divorce. until i saw Dr osaze's recommendations online, and i surmon courage to contact him, and he administered his herb on me, after two months my wife became pregnant. incase you wants to contact him for a similar problem, you can reach him through his email address: drosaze39@gmail.com or call +2347089275769

    ReplyDelete